Editors are interested in works that have the courage to acknowledge, challenge, and celebrate modern Jewish life beyond distinctions of secular and sacred. We like accessible works that find fresh meaning in old traditions that recognize the challenges of our generation. We evaluate works on several levels, including their skillful use of craft, their ability to hold interest, and layers of meaning. Poetica Magazine is an independent, international, free-access literary magazine dedicated to publishing the finest poetry by accomplished, well-established authors - side by side - with fresh, emerging voices. We publish original works by Jewish and non-Jewish writers alike.
(2002 - 2022)
- We consider an unlimited number of submissions by a single writer
- Please submit one poem, wait for our reply, submit new works.
- Do not include any identification in submitted documents, as these readings will be blind.
- We cannot accept corrections after submission.
- We are only interested in poetry; all others will not be considered.
- Use Times New Roman #11 - single space (we do not reject for incorrect format).
- We cannot accept corrections after submission, Withrow and resubmit the correct version.
- We do not consider translations and/or previously published works in print and/or eEditions.
- We often reply within a day and up to a month; we give careful consideration to all submissions.
- All submissions will be acknowledged by the selecting editors.
Important note about poetry format:
As an online magazine, the majority of our readers read from devices
and we have found that unusual spacing doesn't translate from desktop to device.
January 1st - August 31
No Submission Fee
for the first 250 submissions
after $3.00 will be applied
288/250 by June 9, 2022
Weekly featured poem: selected poems will be shared with our 5K newsletter subscribers
Publication: All accepted works will be published on the website with the author's bio and photo.
Rights: By submitting, writers give Poetica Magazine permission to publish works in print and eEdition.
Authors: Retain all rights, if the work is reprinted - please note Poetica Magazine as the original publication.
Print Edition: Selected poems from the eEdition will be published in the next print edition (November).
Holiday poems for the weekly newsletters:
Join the email list to follow up with the occasional call for submissions, centered on a theme.
Previously published works will be considered for the newsletter, only for the newsletter.
A separate submission form will be created on our SUBMITTABLE page.
Please consider making a $3.00 donation with each submission via SUBMITTABLE.
Your donation will help us cover the reading process and for publishing the works on the website.
The 2022 print edition
This edition is looking for sponsors, please contact the managing editor for more information.
You are invited to join Poetica Open Reading on Instagram @PoeticaPublishing
The editors will review and consider your submission - thank you for submitting. Due to a high volume of submissions, we will not be able to include all the readers in the open mic. Follow us and remember to LIKE and leave a comment to the readers. Our goal is to provide an accessible platform for all poets.
Files accepted: MP4 - 25 MG file.
Please include a copy of the poem and BIO.
No fee to submit.
Special offer for chapbook collections
The cost per copy is $8.00 for 100 copies in the order.
Chapbooks are up to 40 pages total and centered on a theme.
The manuscripts are reviewed and considered by the editors.
Editors and authors work together to create an attractive collection.
We consider works by all writers of any background or affiliation.
Free services included in this offer:
- ISBN# and bar code assigned
- Design the cover / full color
- Format the manuscript
- Proofread the manuscript
- Book size: 5.5" x 8.5"
- Hard copy proofread before print
- Free shipping to U.S. address, only
- Poetica Publishing is noted as the publisher
- The publishing agreement is signed
- Print one hundred (100) copies
- An official quote is provided and signed
- Authors keep all the rights
- Authors retain all royalties
Authors are required to submit a well-edited manuscript.
Payments are made as the editors progress with the design.
Your Book Published Your Way!